Great appetizer dip. Serve with veggies and/or crackers.
- Ready In:
- 6 1⁄2 ounces minced clams, drained -RESERVING 2 Tbsp of clam juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt, to taste, if desired
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with 2 Tbsp clam juice, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Stir in clams, garlic, parsley and pepper.
- Serve immediately or chill.
- Serve with veggies and/or crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wasn't a fan, honestly. I am a lover of crab ragoons or a nice shrimp/crab dip with cream cheese, and yet I couldn't get over the flavor of cream cheese and clams together. I much preferred the same recipe made with about a cup of sour cream and no cream cheese... this does make for a thinner dip, though-- I used a very fatty organic sour cream just for the extra thickness. The leftover clam juice from the can tastes good over ice with a little tomato juice and vodka, plus the usual Bloody Mary seasonings. The Canadians love it.
Howdy, PARSLEY! This IS the classic, at our family & friends get-togethers,there were people that always asked if Mom brought her dip! She always said "I just throw things together and let Mike(me) taste it, and I usually said "one more clove garlic, and a touch more Tabasco. One of the many wonderful memories that I'll never, never forget! Moms!