Cj's Spicy Cajun Dirty Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This a great dish I adapted from several recipes. The great thing is you can make this as spicy as you want. This goes great with a splash of hot sauce on top and some corn bread. Yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 8 ounces dirty rice mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can of hot diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef and sausage until almost completely brown.
- Add the onion and celery. Cook for an additional five minutes, then drain off the fat.
- In a separate pot, combine the water, dirty rice mix, tomatoes, and kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil and add in the cooked meat.
- Return to bubble, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION