Citrus Sponge Cake
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup of sugar and hot water to yolks, beating until thick and lemon colored.
- Blend in orange juice, vanilla, orange and lemon peels.
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, a tablespoon at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of the egg white mixture into batter until incorporated. Fold in remaining egg whites.
- Spoon into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until cake springs bake when pressed lightly.
- Immediately invert pan and cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!