Citrus Pork Chops - OAMC
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Combine ingredients in a large Ziploc freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible.
- Label and freeze.
- Defrost overnight in the fridge; pork will marinate as it defrosts.
- To serve, remove chops from bag and place in a non-stick skillet; reserve marinade.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until brown, repeat for other side.
- Add marinade, and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 7 minutes, or until chops are no longer pink in the middle. Transfer pork to a plate and cover. Turn heat to high and whisk for 3-5 minutes until sauce is thick. Spoon over pork.
- OR cook on heated grill until done, baste with marinade while cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh my!!! Very yummy pork chops!! I followed this as written, although only making 1/2 of the recipe for 2 good size chops, then freezing and thawing as directed. I did make the mistake of not mentioning to DH that there was some honey in the recipe, so some parts of our chops got a little more charred than normal for us, due to the sweet/sugar type of addition to the marinade, but totally my fault. This is a recipe I will make often, so good and flavorful!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe christianrock_chick!! Made for Spring PAC 2014.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a wife and mom of 4; twin 17-year old daughters, a 11-year old son, and my 3-year old baby boy. My goal is to learn more about cooking with healthier foods and try new recipes! I have food allergies! Not just to a few things, but many things. The worst would be the soy and peanut allergies. I knew a lot things I was allergic to but recently found out about the soy allergies. Soy is in a lot of things and it has been a challenge to avoid it and haven't mastered it yet. It is about impossible to eat out without soy ingredients, so it's been quite the challenge for me. Otherwise, I have annoying food allergies to potatoes, carrots, celery, green beans, strawberries, watermelon, beans, and the list goes on... We love animals and at my small home we have a bunch of small animals: 2 dogs, 1 cat, 3 ferrets, 4 hamsters, 3 mice and 1 leopard gecko. My kids love it. I enjoy spending time with my family, attending events my kids are involved in, going to Christian concerts, church, listening to music, and again, I enjoy writing.