- Ready In:
- 1hr 27mins
12 appetizer servings
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- red pepper flakes (a pinch or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 30 per pound)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, halved and thinly sliced (Meyer lemon, if possible)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- red leaf lettuce, for serving
- The marinade: add marinade ingredients to a nonaluminum bowl; whisk just until combined; taste and adjust seasonings.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, wine, and bay leaf over med-high heat; bring to a boil.
- Add in shrimp; cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink on the outside and just cooked in the center.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove to a deep bowl or large rectangular plastic container.
- Return the cooking liquid to a boil, add the scallops, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the center of each scallop is opaque.
- Remove with the slotted spoon and add to the shrimp.
- Add the red and yellow bell pepper, onions, olives, lemon, and parsley to the seafood; pour in the marinade and stir well to combine the ingredients and coat the seafood.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!