Citrus (Grapefruit) Vinaigrette
Super easy and super tasty! Revised from a recipe from the Old Orchard Juice website. Note that I used about half the oil and I used canola instead of olive so that the grapefruit flavors could shine through, but that was just personal preference.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice (it may be a blend, and that's OK)
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced (may sub 1 tsp dried minced onion)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil to produce an emulsification.
- Serve with grapefruit sections and avocado slices with fresh spring mix.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I enjoyed this dressing very much and did not find it to call for too much oil. I used fresh squeezed red grapefruit, some really nice chardonnay vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and the rest as called for in the recipe. It makes quite a bit but keeps well in a jar in the fridge. I had it on a vegetable salad haricots, potato, chick peas, onions, cherry tomatoes) early in the week, and on a salad of grapefruit, avocado and red onion and greens today, and it was delicious on both.Reply
Tasty dressing...like you JB, I used less oil than what was called for (maybe 1/2 a cup), then I added a clove of garlic. This makes quite a bit, and as it's a thin dressing a little goes a long way. Nice to have this ready to go in the fridge for salads for the rest of the week. Next time I make this I'll hopefully have fresh grapefruits on hand as I'm sure that would make this really great. Made for Veg*n Swap April 2011.Reply