Citrus and Pomegranate Beef Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Satisfying, nutritious and ready in 20 minutes!!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb top sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, seasoning paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup 100% pure canola oil
- 1 (312 g) package organic Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 large pomegranate, seeds only
- Season steak with 3/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper. Heat a lightly oiled heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Cook steak 5-6 minutes per side for medium (or preferred doneness). Rest for 10 minutes then slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, peel and sement grapefruit and orange over a bowl to capture any juice. Whisk 2 tablespoons of the collected juice with the vinegar, garlic, ginger paste, mustard, honey, and remaining salt and pepper until combined. Drizzle in oil while continuing to whisk.
- Toss spinach fruit and warm steak together with the dressing and garnish with pomegranate seeds. Serve with rusty bread, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was really, really delicious...had some friends over for dinner tonight and it was a hit. Seasoned the steak with some Montreal steak seasoning, grilled it on my cast-iron grill pan and kind of improvised on the dressing then blended it in my Magic Bullet. My friends - and my husband - were really impressed! Thanks for a delicious, healthy dinner. :)Reply