Circus Animal Cookie Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
For the cookie
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ready-to-bake cookie dough
For the buttercream
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh strawberry puree (5 chopped strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make cookie:
- roll out the ready to bake cookie dough.
- place elephant shaped paper template on the flattened dough.
- cut out the shape, remove the extra pieces.
- repeat until you have 3 elephant cookies.
- bake 370F for 10 minutes.
To make strawberry buttercream:
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter for 2 mins, until smooth & creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beater as necessary.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating until combined.
- Add puree, vanilla extract, jam and beat on medium speed until fully combined.
- Place in a piping bag.
To make strawberry puree:
- place about 5 chopped strawberries in a food processor and blend until pureed.
- placed one baked elephant cookie down.
- pipe small circular shapes of strawberry buttercream until the cookie is covered; repeat to the next two cookies.
- once the buttercream layers are added, stack the cookies.
- sprinkle on candy-coated chocolates on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!