Circa 1972 German Potato Salad, ala Family Circle
- Ready In:
- In a large frying pan, saute bacon pieces until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- In same pan, cook potatoes in the drippings, following label directions for pan-frying.
- Drain potatoes on paper towels; reserve pan drippings.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and place in a large salad bowl along with the bacon and the celery; toss gently.
- Pour off all bacon drippings, then return 2 tbsp to the skillet.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for one minute.
- Pour over potato mixture, toss to mix well, and serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!