photo by Diva Sarah
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped medium
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped medium
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 18 clams in shell, scrubbed
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deviened (around 50)
- 2 cooked dungeness crabs (, and around 2 pounds each-broken and in shell)
- 1 loaf hot sourdough bread (, with Butter)
- In an 8 quart pan over medium heat saute the onion, garlic, pepper and parsley in the oil until the onion is soft.
- Stir in sauce and diced tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, basil, oregano and tarragon.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To broth add the clams and crab.
- Cover and simmer gently until clams pop open.
- Add Shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes more or until shrimp turns pink.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with hot bread and butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
5*'s are not enough for this dish! I am not one to adorn my seafood with much more than lemon or a batter coating so this was a major step for me, on I will take again. The blend of seasoning & tomato in the base is perfect & add to it the seafood well, Heaven has a challenger.<br/>Thanks for sharing a great dish.
Like Chef #213141, I also used the seafood medley, (from Costco). Turned out good. I always try to follow the ingredients list to the tee when making a new recipe, particularly when it has a 5 star rating. However, once the dish was complete and tasted, I noticed the need for salt and pepper. While this can always be added to taste after the fact, I think this would be better if added in the cooking process. Otherwise, a good dish.
see 2 more reviews