Cinnamon Whole Wheat Pancakes
photo by Kabwe Cook
- Ready In:
8 6" pancakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- butter (for frying)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing until just combined and lumpy.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat frying pan with a Tbs of butter until a drop of batter sizzles when dripped onto it.
- Drop a scoop of batter into the pan, spreading it out a bit to desired thickness (keep in mind it will double in thickness as it cooks).
- Flip when the edges are stable and dryish looking (about1-2 minutes).
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings (ice cream is GREAT on these!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!