photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Combine egg, milk and oil and add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture.
- Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture.
- Draw a knife through batter to marble.
- Bake in 350 oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool. Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing (I must confess, that's never happened--the bread is gone the same day).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
5 stars for ease; 10 stars for flavor! YUM! We enjoyed this for a warming breakfast on a cold wintery day. Of course, the house smells fabulous while this in baking and once it come out of the oven, the waiting is the hardest part! the sugar cinnamon topping makes sort of a crust on top. YUM! I can't stop saying YUM! LOL Thanks so much for sharing a great recipe, AmyZoe.