Cinnamon-Sour Cream Streusel Loaf
A nice quick bread with a nutty streusel. Very moist and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, stirring until blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt gradually to butter mixture, alternating with additions of sour cream.
- Beat mixture just until blended, and add vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix together pecans, brown sugar, 1 tbsp of sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour half of batter into a greased and floured loaf pan, and sprinkle with half of streusel mixture.
- Pour remaining batter on top, and sprinkle with remaining streusel mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle removes clean (if loaf starts to brown excessively, cover with foil during last 15 minutes of baking).
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Hi. I made the recipe and triple checked for accuracy of my measurements. It did not make a batter, but instead a fairly stiff dough that I had to carefully spread in the pan, It's baking, so I don't know yet if its OK. Anyone else know about this? Also pls specify the size of the pan, thanks........ So it's done now. I'm happy about how it looks and smells. I baked it in the 5x9 pan for 45 minutes. The streusel didn't stick too well on the top, but I'll we can sprinkle it on the bread anyway.Reply
YUM! This is a wonderful little loaf recipe! Came out just like cake, with streusel mix in the middle, and on top. Very easy to put together...I popped it in the oven after supper, and it did its thing while I cleaned the kitchen. It was my pleasure to make this for our cook-a-thon for you, Sue. We really enjoyed! Thanks for posting, Laudee1Reply