Cinnamon Saffron Coffee
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 7 g ground coffee (1/4 ounce. I use Corta's Mediterranean Coffee but any coffee that you enjoy will work fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch saffron (rubbed between your fingers over the pot to break it down)
- pure water (for 1 cup of coffee)
- honey (sugar or Splenda to your liking. Optional)
- Add the coffee, cinnamon and saffron to your coffee pot or Ibrik. Stir the three together so that it will all brew together.
- Add the water and start coffee pot or boil and rest the usual 3 times for the Ibrik.
- When done pour into your cup, sweeten as or if desired.
- Sit back and enjoy what may be the best cup of coffee ever.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and that was plenty for me. I chose a good quality rich Sumatra coffee bean for my coffee; half and half and local clover honey. A great "eye opener" coffee in the morning served in my brand new 'Lapis' colored Fiestaware coffee mug. Love the flavor combination! Good work! Made for Veg Tag/September.
A great choice coffe recipe again!<br/>I used Greek coffee, Greek safron (Greece is exporting a lot of safron!) and cinnamon from the Turkish shop.<br/>As I know that the cinnamon I used is very strong I reduced the quantity to 1/4 (as Cookgirl suggersted) and I think this was the perfect quantity.<br/>Thanks a lot for your delish and inspiring coffee recipes!
see 1 more reviews