Cinnamon Rolls With Nutella Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting
photo by The Real Cake Baker
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 55mins
- 1⁄4 cup of melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup of warm buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup of soft butter
- 12 ounces nutella, spread
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- roasted pecans (optional) or walnuts (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 -2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons , spiced powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -4 teaspoons milk
- Melt the water and the butter together. set aside and add vanilla.
- With the stand mixer using the dough hook or in a bread machine add the water and butter mixture, add the pudding.
- next add the warm buttermilk, egg, sugar, salt, flour and yeast then mix the ingredients well with the stand mixer, or the dough setting on the bread machine.
- when the dough is ready, kneed the dough a little bit until pliable. Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- spread the soft butter around the entire dough. next spread the Nutella just as you did the with the butter.
- mix the brown sugar and the cinnamon together. if you are adding nuts mix those in as well.
- roll up the dough, beginning with the longest side. Slice as many rolls that you can. I usually yield approximately 14.
- place on a buttery pan, then i usually cover them them with a cloth or saran wrap and then set aside to rise twice the original size. Usually takes about an hour. Humidity will make a difference in this process.
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- after the rolls have risen bake them for 15 to 20 minutes.
- in a bowl add cream cheese, butter, and 3 tbls. chai powder (I use Caffe D'Vita Enchanted Chai powder) together and mix well.
- add vanilla and gradually add the powder sugar.
- here add the sugar and milk as you obtain the consistency that you want.
- remove the rolls out of the oven and glaze the rolls with the frosting and finish with chocolate of you prefer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Known for our $2,500 award winning "Butter Pecan Caramel Cheesecake", but we do so much more. We do what most bakeries don't do any more. We offer a wide variety of made to order baked goods all made from scratch. Can you imagine, old fashioned baking like your great-grandmother use to do. Who does that?......We do! Call us today! Offering a delectable assortment of made to order desserts from cheesecakes to candy you can not go wrong choosing us for all of your baking or party needs. We also cater all events large and small. Bon app?tit!