I have a resturant that serves Coffees and Pastries, the cinnamon rolls we were serving were good, but not exceptional. I have been working on making a cinnamon roll that would keep customers coming back for more. This is it.... give it a try.
1. Add Yeast to Warm Milk, Stir and wait 5 minutes.In a mixer with a dough hook, add eggs , vanilla extract, almond extract, melted margarine, sugar and salt. Let mix for 2 minutes then add bread flour. Mix for 3 to 5 miutes or until dough ball is well mixed and smooth. Remove ball form mixer and place in a lightly greased (spray) bowl or bucket and allow to double in size.
2. Mix dark and light brown sugar with the cinnamon.
3. After the dough has doubled in size place on a lightly floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin to around a 16 x21 inch rectangle. Spread 1/3 cup of softened butter over the entire dough leaving leaving a 2 inch ribbon on the top side.
4. Spread the Cinnamon and Sugar mixture on the dough covering the butter completely, leaving the the 2 inch ribbon clean and ready for the egg wash.
5. Egg wash the ribbon and start rolling the dough tightly from the bottom to the top of the dough to the eggwashed ribbon. When you reach the top, stretch the dough to seal the roll. Take a sharp knife and cut the dough, 1 to 1.5 inches, place dough on a greased sheet panand cover with a lightly greased (spray) plastic wrap. Let proof until the dough more than doubles in size.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and let bake until light golden brown.
7. Use a mixer - add cream cheese, softened butter, lemon extract, vanilla extract, salt and confectioners sugar until well whipped and spread on the warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy!