Cinnamon Rolls With Lemon Cream Cheese Icing Puc
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 6mins
- 1 cup of warm milk (110 to 115 degrees)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup of melted margarine
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons of bakers yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup softed butter
Lemon Cream Cheese Icing
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of softed butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, extra
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Add Yeast to Warm Milk, Stir and wait 5 minutes.In a mixer with a dough hook, add eggs , vanilla extract, almond extract, melted margarine, sugar and salt. Let mix for 2 minutes then add bread flour. Mix for 3 to 5 miutes or until dough ball is well mixed and smooth. Remove ball form mixer and place in a lightly greased (spray) bowl or bucket and allow to double in size.
- 2. Mix dark and light brown sugar with the cinnamon.
- 3. After the dough has doubled in size place on a lightly floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin to around a 16 x21 inch rectangle. Spread 1/3 cup of softened butter over the entire dough leaving leaving a 2 inch ribbon on the top side.
- 4. Spread the Cinnamon and Sugar mixture on the dough covering the butter completely, leaving the the 2 inch ribbon clean and ready for the egg wash.
- 5. Egg wash the ribbon and start rolling the dough tightly from the bottom to the top of the dough to the eggwashed ribbon. When you reach the top, stretch the dough to seal the roll. Take a sharp knife and cut the dough, 1 to 1.5 inches, place dough on a greased sheet panand cover with a lightly greased (spray) plastic wrap. Let proof until the dough more than doubles in size.
- 6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and let bake until light golden brown.
- 7. Use a mixer - add cream cheese, softened butter, lemon extract, vanilla extract, salt and confectioners sugar until well whipped and spread on the warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Truly amazing. Leaps and bounds better than any bakery cinnamon roll I've tried. I only made two minor changes--reduced the sugar by half in the dough and subbed in canola oil in the dough, but trust me, they still turned out just as sweet as a cinnamon roll is supposed to be! I prepped them the night before, and they kept well in the fridge over night under platic wrap. I hope more people try this recipe because they are so much better than bakery rolls, and they blow grocery canned ones away. It's is worth it to put the prep time in for these. Thanks for posting this awesome recipe!