Cinnamon-Grilled Bananas With Mexican Chocolate
A sweet ending to a Mexican Fiesta.
- Ready In:
- 4 firm firm but ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 scoops ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped mexican chocolate
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise and crosswise so each banana yields four pieces. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on cut sides of bananas. Let bananas sit for 5 minutes.
- Place peeled bananas cut-side down in buttered sauté pan. Cook for 2 minutes;turn over and let cook 2 more minutes.
- Arrange two banana halves on each serving plate.
- Top each serving with two scoops of your favourite ice cream.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon crumbled chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
- If Mexican chocolate is not available, use a semi-sweet dark chocolate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
YUM! the sugar melts in the pan and the cinnamon is georgous but watch out because it caramelises and becomes toffee very quickly upon leaving the pan and cooling off. Not a problem with a small amount but maybe something to be aware of if you were in increase the servings considerably. I served this with chocolate and vanilla icecream and chocolate sauce since the choc bits stated are not available here in the Netherlands. Please see my Rating System: a decadent 4 stars for a very yummy dessert that we will be enjoying again. Thanks!Reply
see 7 more