Cinnamon Crisps Cookies [snickerdoodles]
This is a European version of the snickerdoodle. This cookie has the softest dough and makes a bakery-style cookie that will impress you. (Recipe from Chef Express: Home Baking translated cookbook) Tip: You can make caster sugar by putting granulated sugar in your blender and pulse for about 1-2 minutes. The sugar should be reduced to half. It doesn't take long.. be careful not to turn it into sugar powder. However, most supermarkets do carry 10X sugar aka SuperFine sugar.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 3mins
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup caster sugar (see cooking tip in description) or 1 cup superfine sugar (see cooking tip in description)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place butter and 3/4 cup of sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda. Now, stir into butter mixture.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl and mix to combine. Roll dough into small balls, then roll balls in sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking trays and bake at 350 degrees for 4-8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.