photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Spread pecans in an ungreased roasting pan or 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar and remaining 4 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until sugar and coffee dissolve, stirring often.
- Add pecans, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread pecans in ungreased pan.
- Bake at 300 for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Cool completely; store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A crowd pleaser all the way! I made it for a Christmas get together and while the boys watched football they killed half the bowl (I made double the recipe with both pecans and walnuts). Very simple and was a delicious addition to morning yogurt and a friend ended up topping her cheesecake with it. I wish I had caramel sauce for her because it would've been fab. Definitely a keeper :)
These are fast, simple and tasty! As another reviewer said a nice balance of flavor without being too sweet. By the time all the cooking was done and I thought the pecans were a bit too toasty, I will make them again and cut the initial cooking time to 5 minutes or skip it all together. Made for the Comfort Cafe Winter 2010
see 1 more reviews