Cinnamon Candied Walnuts
- Ready In:
- 1 lb walnut halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a single layer over a baking sheet and roast for about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir together sugar, cinnamon, salt and milk in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage of 236°F Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Add walnuts to sugar syrup and stir to coat well. Spoon nuts onto waxed paper lined sheet pan and separate with fork.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Join The Conversation
Absolutely incredible walnuts! No one in my family had my grandmother's famous candied walnuts recipe. Found this recipe, and the end results tasted just like my childhood memories of my grandmother's special walnuts.....from nearly 60 years sgo. I made over 2 lbs for Christmas and they were all gone by the next morning. Not too sweet, perfect balance. You can't eat just one! I highly recommend this recipe. These walnuts would be fabulous on a salad!
I can't believe I found this recipe here! I've made this many times since I first saw this recipe on another cooking site! Its delicious! The perfect amount of sweetness and crunch! Mine took alot longer than 10 minutes to bake, but they were wonderful! Thanks for posting it here Deb! I added my photo! =)
Credit goes to Dawn for these Walnuts! I found this recipe on another website and I am posting this on this website because it's where I keep all my recipes and will want to make these again! I used them in a salad and everyone raved - they couldn't put their finger on what made the walnuts so good (it's the cinnamon).