- Ready In:
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (not margarine)
- 1 cup butter, softened (not margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup nuts (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- n an electric or stand mixer mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Once combined well, slowly stir in melted butter. (1 stick).
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nuts until well combined.
- Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
- Place powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very good cake. It's surprisingly easy to make considering how complicated it looks. I used the suggestion of pouring the cinnamon butter mixture on top and swirling in with a knife. I wish I'd swirled a little more, but the cake still came out well. I'm not sure it tastes like Cinnabon, but it's quite good. It's not overly sweet, but it's still a very rich cake (all that butter!) Next time I might make it with extra cinnamon as the cinnamon flavor isn't very strong. Also, my cooking time was about 37 or 38 minutes before it was done. This is a keeper, thanks!
see 6 more reviews