Cinco De Mayo Corn Salad
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen sweet corn (thawed)
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped (Creole) or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper (use Kosher or Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper for better flavor)
- Mix all ingredients and toss to blend.
- (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally).
- Can also add chopped jicama, chopped green onions, chopped jalapeno, chopped red peppers, garlic… the possibilities are endless! Cha Cha Cha!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This rivals the corn salad that I've been making for years and I really loved the flavor combination of this dish. I chilled it for 3 hours before serving. DELICIOUS!!!! I halved the recipe as there are only 2 of us, but it made a lot. I can imagine that if you made the full recipe, it would serve way more than 6 people. I also ate a helping of it over tortilla chips and it was divine!! Thanks Trinkets....this is a definite keeper!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Realtor in both Louisiana and Mississippi Cooking destresses me.