Cilantro Dressing for Salads
This dressing is great on a fresh veggie salad, chicken salad, crisp green salad, taco salads or any tossed salad. Especially good on a salad that is accompanying a Mexican entree.
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cilantro, packed
- 1 cup parsley, packed
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar (you can substitute either red wine or cider vinegar)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil (I use lite)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
- Using your steel knife in the food processor mix garlic and salt; process until it is a paste.
- Add cilantro and parsley; process to a fine mince.
- Add vinegar; process for 10 seconds.
- Add oil in a slow steady stream with the processor on.
- Add hot pepper sauce (to match your taste) and a pinch of sugar.
- Chill the dressing for several hours in a glass jar; shake to combine before using.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation