photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1 liter sweet apple cider or 1 liter apple juice
- 50 g butter
- salt, to taste
- Using a 2 inch pastry cutter, cut the potato slices into rounds.
- Place the potato slices into a large pan and cover with the cider.
- Add the butter and season with salt.
- Bring to the boil over high heat and cook until the liquid is reduced and starts to become syrupy.
- The potatoes will start to caramelize.
- Carefully turn the potatoes, so that they will colour on both sides.
- If the potatoes are golden but not yet cooked through, add a little water and repeat the steps.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sylvie I am glad that you said that you had not tried this recipe. For appearance I give it 8 out of 5 - for flavor it only rates a 3. I followed the recipe (I did cut it back two potatoes) covered them with cider - they cooked and turned golden but in the final taste test were really not that special. Sorry Sylvie perhaps it's only our taste buds- it just didn't excite me
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I'm 31 and cooking and living in England. I was born in Germany and that's where I grew up and lived until I came to the UK to go to University in 1998. I never went back to live in Germany, even though all my family is still there.