- Ready In:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Find the Adult Cicada they are the ones with red eyes and clear colored wings.You can either find them by following their beautiful screeching sound or just locate any tree.
- Leave them as is no need to tear off wings or legs they add to the crispyness.
- Mix together flour and seasonings.
- Mix together milk and egg.
- First dip cicada into egg then into flour mixture. Then drop into oil. Don't worry they wont try to fly away they are too dumb for that.
- Fry them for no longer the 2 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels. Then serve immediately.
- I like a little hot pepper on mine but you can also use ketchup for the kids.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks for a tasty crunchy treat! I was surprised to see egg listed as one of the ingredients but after I got beyond my initial squeamishness and made the recipe as stated was pleasantly gratified with another recipe to file under favorites! I did however use about 1/2 teaspoon salt as I'm trying to watch my sodium intake. Thanks again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love baking, cooking and tring anything new. I am a new mom so I am starting a new healthy route but with some sweets thrown in along the way. I love christmas time because I get to try a lot of new cookies on everyone and there are a lot of parties to try new foods at. I sew drapes for a living so my family teases me about being a little homemaker.