Chuy's Hatch Green Chile Salsa
This is another great recipe from the Chuy's restaurant chain. It is really wonderful. This makes about 2 quarts. I would guess that it will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks, or more.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb fresh tomatillo, husked and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb hatch green chili, roasted, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- Put all ingredients, except salt and lime juice, in a large kettle and bring to a light boil.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a large bowl.
- Place solid ingredients in a blender.
- Add 1/2 of the strained liquid (about 3 cups) and blend until smooth.
- You may have to do this in batches.
- Add the lime juice and salt and blend for 30 seconds.
- Chill and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this time of year when i can buy fresh hatch chilies, our favorite restaurant makes great hatch green Chile salsa and sauce. Couldn't wait to try his came out ok, i did add cilantro just because i love it thanks for the recipe. I bought a bunch of the chilies and roasted and froze them..1Reply
see 2 more