Church Supper King Ranch Chicken
- Ready In:
- 5 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes or (10 ounce) cans green chilies
- 20 corn tortillas, cut into triangles
- 1 lb colby cheese, shredded
- Boil chicken breasts in salted water. Dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix together the diced onion, soup, mushrooms and Ro-Tel tomatoes. If possible, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Cover the bottom of a deep casserole dish with tortilla triangles. Pour or spoon over 1/3 of soup/mushroom mixture. Cover with a layer of tortillas, then cheese. Repeat and end with a layer of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very tasty version of King Ranch Casserole. I do think it serves far more than 4 people though. I reduced quanties and had much more than two sevings. I used 1 can each of the soup, rotel, mushrooms, and used a large can of cooked chicken breast. The recipe does not specify whether to drain anything. (I did drain the mushrooms & chicken.) As I was layering I ended up adding an additional few more than 10 tortillas. I also added a chopped & seeded jalapeno for a bit of additional heat. This is comfort food and a potluck classic in Texas. Thank you for submitting your version! Reviewed for PAC~ Fall '07.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket>