Chunky Mango Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can mangoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Drain half the juice from the mangoes. Pour the mangoes & remaining juice into a small saucepan then add the spices & brown sugar.
- Simmer the mangoes over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Mash the mangoes until the sauce becomes chunky.
- Serve warm or chilled. Also great as a topping for ice cream, pancakes, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recip[e is delicious. However, I think the allspice may need to be cut down a bit more. I did the sauce on medium to thicken it instead of medium-low. The texture was wonderful, and I used less than half the liquid to give it more texture. This is a recipe I would make again. Anyone who loves mangos must try this!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.