Chunky Cream of Potato Soup (Slow Cooker & Gluten Free)
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 30mins
- Peel and dice potatoes, enough to fill a 6 quart slow cooker 3/4 full. Rinse well and place in cooker.
- Cook bacon, and add to the cooker, leaving the grease in the frying pan.
- Dice onion, and cook along with the garlic in the bacon fat. Add to the cooker.
- Dissolve the bouillon cubes in hot water and add to the cooker. Add enough water to just cover the potatoes. Mix well.
- Cover and Cook on high until potatoes are tender, about 4-4 1/2 hours.
- Remove about 1/3 of the potatoes (or more, depending on how chunky or smooth you want your soup). Mash these potatoes well, and blend with the rice flour and milk.
- Add the cream base to the slow cooker, and continue to cook on high for 1 hour, stirring once or twice to keep the rice flour from clumping up.
- Add salt to taste before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!