Chunky Cowboy Chili
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Christmas with Southern Living, 2010; best to make 1 day ahead, as flavor is better the 2nd day.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 lbs boneless chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes with jalapenos, undrained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer (Michelob AmberBock)
- Heat 1 T oil in a large pot over med-high heat.
- Add in half the beef; cook 12 minutes or until dark brown, turning after 5 minutes.
- Remove beef from pan, and keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining half of beef.
- Add remaining 1 T oil to pan; add in onion, bell pepper, and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to pan.
- Stir in 1 cup water, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 30 minutes or until beef is tender and chili is thick; taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation