Christmas Sauteed Bell Peppers
- Ready In:
- 4 medium red bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 4 medium green bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced (minced?)
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (not powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (not powder)
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Saute a few minutes until the onion begins to collapse.
- Add the bell peppers, oregano, and rosemary, and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and continue cooking until the peppers are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and parsley and toss together.
Join The Conversation
I mostly halved the recipe but only used 1 Tbs oil and used 2 garlic cloves. I did use a small whole yellow onion. I also added some sliced mushrooms. You can hardly go wrong with sauteed onions and peppers and I liked the seasonings, especially the rosemary. A quick, easy, yummy vegetable side that would go well with many different entrees.