- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 (12 7/8 ounce) box Rice Chex
- 1 (7 ounce) bag red-hot candies
- Combine over med-low heat, the butter, sugar and corn syrup until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over cereal and red hot candies and toss to cover.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 250 for 1 hours; stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour on wax paper to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a sweet but addictive treat!!! You keep coming back for a few pieces at a time all day. A fun addition to the holiday season! I would suggest lining you very large baking sheet with parchment paper because the red hots melt and make everything very sticky. An easy recipe for the new or young cook!
This is a definite kid pleaser...however my husband and I both found it a bit on the sweet side. We didn't have any trouble polishing off our little bowls of it during the family film though. I will keep this recipe in my finger food file for times when the kids need to bring something to a church function or other activity. Thanks for posting your recipe. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2010.