Christmas Mincemeat Squares
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Because of the whole wheat flour, I've always felt these squares were somewhat healthy. Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I definitely can say they're delicious, and perfect for any holiday goodie platter.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or use all-purpose)
- 2 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter (or margarine, but butter is best)
- 2 cups mincemeat
- Preheat oven to 375F; grease a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and baking soda.
- Stir in melted butter and mix together until mixture appears crumbly.
- Firmly pat half the crumb mixture into prepared pan, then cover evenly with mincemeat.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over mincemeat and pat lightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until squares appear golden brown.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these to take to our family Thanksgiving dinner -- they came out wonderfully! I followed the recipe exactly and they're perfect -- chewy and delicious. Next time I'll add some cinnamon to the wheat/oats mixture. I love mincemeat but can't be bothered with pie; these bars are a super-easy way to satisfy my holiday mincemeat craving. Thanks!Reply
see 8 more