photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
4 half pints
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple, juice included
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan combine cranberries, apples, and water.
- Cook over medium high heat until apples apear translucent and cranberries pop.
- Push through a food mill to remove skins, you will want 3 cups pulp.
- Add the pineapple with juice, lemon juice and sugar.
- Stirring constantly bring to a boil, cooking until thick and clear, around 10 minutes.
- Ladle into clean hot jars.
- Process in a boiling water bath 5 minutes for half pint jars.
- Adjust for altitude.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I think this jam needs a bit of time for the flavours to mature as it has become more flavoursome in the 2 weeks since making it. However it is yummy and would deserve stars if only for its fabulous colour! I made double the quantity to give as gifts to work friends and neighbours. I ignored step 3 and it wasn't clear (to me) if the recipe used fresh or tinned pineapple. I used 1 tin weighing 432g (295g drained weight) for 1 1/2 cups, which worked fine. I'll definately be making this jam again.