Christmas Eve Pizza Casserole
From Christmas in Texas Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄4 lb sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese, divided
- 16 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces canned chopped mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Boil pepperoni in water for 5 minutes to remove fat; drain.
- In medium skillet, saute onion in one tablespoon butter until soft.
- Remove from skillet and saute bell pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until partially soft.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour remaining butter into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Toss spaghetti in butter.
- Cover with 8 ounces tomato sauce.
- In order, add half of Swiss cheese, pepperoni, half of mozzarella, all mushrooms and onions.
- Next spread browned ground beef, oregano, basil and green peppers.
- Top with remainder of Swiss cheese, sauce and mozzarella. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow, was this good. The dh was in flavor heaven. Asked if we could have this again and again. Made as written but I used Swiss Cheese Slices and Shredded Mozzarella and a spicy tomato sauce. This was so delicious, so glad that I made 1/2 the recipe, we are having the rest tonight for dinner, yes it is that good. Thanks for sharing Lazy... going into my keeper box. Made for Holiday Hits 2015.Reply