Christmas Corn Chowder
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A Corn Chowder that works for everyone.
- Ready In:
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 -4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 4 cups potatoes, diced (4 or 5 medium sized)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth or 2 1/2 cups water, your choice
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn (or more)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- In a large saucepan, saute the onions, celery, red and green peppers in 4 Tbsp of unsalted butter, stirring constantly, until onion is translucent, or about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and broth, bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat, cover pan, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Cream flour and melted butter together and set aside.
- Add corn, cream, and seasonings; mix well and then heat until small bubbles appear around the edges (scalding point).
- Add flour and butter mixture to the pan, bit by bit, stirring well after each addition. Simmer until thickened.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of parsley or freshly ground nutmeg. Can also be made ahead of time and kept warm in a crock pot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION