Christmas Cooked Eggnog/Carrie Sheridan
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
a rich and creamy eggnog, when served chilled, with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg and cinnamon, it is very special.
- Ready In:
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (can be superfine)
- 2 quarts milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup freshly whipped cream
- Place the eggs and sugar in a pan and whisk until light-colored and frothy.
- Whisk in 2 cups of the milk until thoroughly blended.
- Place the pan over medium heat, continuing to stir until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon -- about 5 minutes. If you are using a thermometer, the temperature should reach 160 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 6 cups of milk, vanilla extract and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow to cool completely before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION