Christmas Breakfast Scramble
photo by LizAnn
- Ready In:
- 8 -10 slices bacon
- 2 anaheim chilies, diced (you could also use bell peppers which are not as spicy, red would add more color)
- 30 ounces hash browns, defrosted (Ore Ida)
- salt, pepper, granulated onion, chili powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 cube)
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 cup corn flakes
- In a large skillet, crisp-fry bacon, drain on PP towel and crumble (set aside).
- In same skillet, add 6 Tbs. of butter to bacon grease, heat on med-high to just smoking. Add hash browns and peppers. Brown potatoes.
- Spray large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread potato mixture over the bottom of casserole; season to taste with salt, pepper, granulated onion, chili powder.
- Sprinkle half the bacon over that, then half the cheese.
- In skillet, over medium heat, melt 2TBS, butter and spread to cover bottom of skillet. Break 1 dozen eggs into the butter. Salt and pepper. Cook eggs, turning and breaking up yokes, until almost set.
- Spread eggs over potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining bacon, then remaining cheese. Crumble cornflakes over top and dot with 1 Tbs. butter. Place in oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until cornflakes are lightly browned.
- Serve with hot cocoa and orange slices. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a self-love coach who happens to love food. I cook almost daily for my husband of over 30 years and special needs daughter. I rarely follow a recipe exactly. I tweak them to my own taste. I have a few recipes that are uniquely my own.