Christening Biscuit- Maltese
- Ready In:
- 800 g plain flour
- 400 g brown sugar
- 400 g white sugar
- 8 eggs, separated
- 2 ounces candied lemon peel (I have tried fresh grind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Beat the egg white till stiff.
- Add sugar to make a meringue.
- Stir in egg yolks.
- Gently stir in all other ingredients except flour.
- Fold in flour.
- Shape into circles or ovals about the size of the palm of your hand, by gently shaping the mix in your hand.
- Bake in a hot over for 7-10 minutes, till cooked but not brown.
- Allow to cool and ice swirl in appropriate colour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love cooking, always seems to much to do so I only use receipes that work