Chow Shung Ding
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
everyday chinese cooking
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 lb chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1⁄2 cup canned water chestnut, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions with tops
- place 1/2 t salt and 1 cup warm water in a small bowl and soak the shrimp for 5 minuutes.
- rinse with cold water and dry.
- in a medium bowl, toss the shrimp, 1 t cornstarch and white pepper, set aside.
- toss the chicken with the ginger, the remaining 1/2 t salt and remaining cornstarch and set aside.
- cut the green and red peppers into 3/4 inch pieces.
- heat wok over high heat; add oil, garlic, chicken and shrimp; stir fry for 1 minute or till shrimp turns pink.
- stir in hoisin sauce, chili paste, green and red peppers and water chestnuts, stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- place on platter and garnish with green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION