Chow Gai Lan (Jade Green Broccoli)
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs gai lan (Chinese broccoli) or 2 lbs broccoli, rinsed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- Mix together sugar through soy sauce plus 1/2 cup water and put aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat and add the garlic.
- When garlic is golden brown, add the broccoli.
- Turn the heat up and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add sherry, cover quickly and cook 2 minutes.
- Lift cover& add the soy sauce mixture.
- When sauce thickens, remove and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great recipe. Really quick and simple to make when you trying to finish eating broccoli. I used regular soy sauce and found it a tad bit on the salty side, so I am going to use (as recommended) low-sodium or no sodium next time around. Also if you are like me and follow the instruction to the T you will be wondering why your sauce does not thicken. Put the corn starch in the water, sugar, and soy sauce mixture. Took me a minute to figure out why my sauce once thickening. Great recipe this one is a keeper ^_^