Chorizo With Red Wine, Onions and Dates
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 9 1⁄2 ounces chorizo sausage (palacios)
- 1⁄4 lb dried dates, pitted and cut in half
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- heat olive oil.
- add onions and cook until translucent.
- add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes.
- add balance of ingredients and cook on med heat until wine reduces by half.
- serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
You can save some calories by just chopping the chorizos, the onions and the dates and putting them in a clay pot. Cover them with red wine and cook on low heat until chorizos are tender. Spanish chorizos (such as Chorizos Palacios), clay pot and low fire are key. You can also try "Chorizos a la sidra", a recipe from Asturias: chorizos and apple cider (sidra) cooked on a clay pot. I like to add the onions
I made this recipe exactly as published and I doubled it for 12 people. I used Spanish olive oil and Spanish wine to try to make it as authentic as possible. I served it as part of a tapas appetizer table. It was a hit! It has big flavour. It is also extremely easy to prepare. It's a keeper! Thanks Miss A.T.K.