Chorizo-Crab Stuffed Calamari
photo by Cavegirl Cuisine
- Ready In:
10 Stuffed Calamari
- 1 lemon
- 10 calamari, tubes
- 1⁄4 lb loose chorizo sausage (or casings removed for links)
- 1⁄3 cup crabmeat
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon almond meal or 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 10 toothpicks
- avocodo oil or preferred oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- salt and pepper
- parsley or cilantro
- Juice one lemon in a small bowl. Place calamari tubes in the lemon juice.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine chorizo, crabmeat, egg, almond meal, pinch of salt and shallot until blended. Place mixture in a plastic storage bag and cut off a corner. Pipe mixture into the calamari tubes. Seal off the ends of the calamari using toothpicks.
- Heat a grilling pan (or grill) on medium-high heat. Brush the stuffed tubes with preferred oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cook for approximately 7-8 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees.
- While this is cooking, place crushed tomatoes and raw honey in a small saucepan. Add a pinch of salt if desired. Stir and heat on medium until warm.
- Spoon tomato mixture on a plate. Remove toothpicks from calamari and arrange on the plate.
- Garnish with optional herbs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!