Chorizo Cheddar Stuffed Portabella Caps
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Spicy Southwestern inspired take on your typical stuffed mushroom. Can be an appetizer or even a main dish for a light supper.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces portabella mushroom caps (about 6 caps)
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, loose (I use $notetemplate1$ doubled)
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- Mix together the chorizo, green onions, and cheddar cheese.
- Stuff mushroom caps with the mixture evenly, place in a greased baking dish with the red wine.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and mushrooms are softened.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
my husband enjoyed this dish very much. didn't use the red wine for baking, just used a little nonstick spray in the bottom of the pan. I also added some canned green chiles to the mix. next time i will add a bit more cheese. made this with cheese quesadillas and salsa. will definitely make this dish again!! :)Reply
see 3 more