Chopped Egg Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I use this sauce with "I Love Salmon Loaf" and cooked asparagus. The flavor combination is perfect!
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- Melt butter over low heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in flour, increasing heat if necessary until the mixture gently bubbles.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from burner, add milk, stir and return to stove over medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring constanly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, adding more milk if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper, add chopped egg and mix.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
When I first made this sauce and tasted it, I thought it was horrible and bland. But I decided since I'd already made the salmon loaf, I should give it a try before coming to conclusions. Boy, was I glad! The two went perfectly well together. I even had a bite of salmon loaf without the sauce, but my family and I agree: the two go perfectly together! Thanks, and sorry for doubting you!!1Reply
Lovely sauce, we very much enjoyed it over our salmon loaf.I cut the recipe in half for just the two of us and it seemed to work ok. I did use 2% milk instead of whole, it didn't seem to matter, it still tasted very rich. It was even good over the broccoli I served with the salmon loaf. Thanks for sharing.Reply
see 2 more