MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened (No Substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars, add milk and egg.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl, and gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Cover and let chill until firm, or about two hours.
- Rolled chilled dough on a floured surface until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut with a 1 1/2 cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 5- 6 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool on wire racks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is just what I was looking for. Years ago my mother made a dessert with chocolate wafers and whip cream layered and then sliced diagonally. You no longer can buy the wafers. I wanted to make pilgrim hat favors using the wafers and small chocolate peanutbutter cups. The wafers from this recipe worked perfectly. Thanks. Now I may even make my mom's old recipe again for Christmas.Reply