Chocolate Syrup Biscotti
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Preheat oven at 175 degree
- cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- add the eggs and egg yolk , one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- beat in vanilla extract and chocolate syrup.
- in a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder together.
- Add to butter mixture and mix well
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface. Form into a log 10 inches (25 cm) long (depending on the size of your dough) Do this by rolling the dough back and forth into a cylinder shape with floured hands.
- Transfer the logs to the baking sheet, bake until firm to the touch, about 25 - 30 minutes (logs will spread during baking). Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a long spatula transfer the logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into slices about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick on the diagonal. Arrange the slices on the baking sheet and bake on about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Turn the slices over and bake until crisp and dry, about 8 - 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!