Chocolate Sugar Cookies
photo by amberguesa
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Cream together butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition, and then vanilla.
- Combine cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough and place into granulated sugar, roll around to coat. Place sugar coated dough on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, space cookies 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.