Chocolate Sponge Roll With Marshmallow Filling
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
from darlene koossman she made for donalds birthday 1973 jan 19th she says very good
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 lb marshmallows
- sift together flour cocoa salt baking powder and 1 cup of sugar.
- seperate eggs.
- beat egg whites with cream of tarter until soft peaks are formed
- then add 1/2 cup sugar gradually
- until firm peaks are formed
- about 8 minutes with electric mixer
- stir together yolks water and vanilla.
- blend in the sifted dry ingredients
- beat 1 minute
- carefully fold into the egg whites
- pour into waxed papaer lined jelly roll pan or cookie sheet for us poor bakers lol
- do not grease sides of pan
- bake in moderate 350 degree oven for 15 minutes
- remove from pan immediately and roll in towel dusted with confectioners sugar
- when cool remove gently from towel
- spread inside with marsmallow cream and reroll
- dust outside with confectioners sugar.
- and sprinkle with colored sugars.
- chill before slicing
- for the filling
- combine sugar.
- cream of tarter and water
- cook together until syrup spins a thread 240 degrees
- beat egg whites until stiff
- add marshmallows to sirup
- beat until marshmallows are dissolved
- poUr over eggs whites (temper them 1st).
- beat until smooth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION