Chocolate Sorbet (Rich and Creamy)
- Ready In:
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and corn syrup; place pan over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to medium; bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes.
- Decrease heat to low; whisk in the cocoa and simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add in the chocolate and stir until it is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the vanilla; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Stir the cooled mixture; freeze in 1 or 2 batches in an ice cream maker by following the manufacturer’s directions.
- When finished, the sorbet will be soft but ready to eat; for firmer sorbet, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze several hours.
- *Chocolate Cherry Sorbet: add 1/2 cup dried cherries to the machine when the sorbet is semifrozen; allow the machine to mix in the cherries; proceed as directed.
- *Chocolate Chip Sorbet: add 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips to the machine with the sorbet is semifrozen; allow the machine to mix in the chips; proceed as directed.
- *Chocolate Coconut Sorbet: substitute 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk for 1 1/2 cups of the water; proceed as directed.
- *Mexican Chocolate Sorbet: add 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the pan along with the cocoa; proceed as directed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!